Sunday, December 23, 2007

Another great addition to the kit...

The Konica Minolta Dimage A1. I have wanted one of these beauties for ages, but since the demise of Konica Minolta the only place to find them is Ebay and even there they are scarce. I was lucky enough to win the auction for what I believe is one of the best if not the best prosumer digital camera ever. I have had it for a while now, but only yesterday I had the chance to really spend some time with it. And as such, here is todays pick:


BUS_Flickr, originally uploaded by Luis Rubim.



Until next time,



Luis


3 comments:

GW said...

Congratulations on the DiMAGE! I bought mine from someone on eBay when it was still under its original warranty. It is a fantastic camera. I hope you do not experience the dreaded CCD issue, but if you do, Sony has been good about repairing them free of charge, still, under the recall notice. They repaired mine about a year ago. I provided a date of purchase, but they never asked me for documentation of it. Pick up a remote release cable -- the long one -- and you can *really* have some fun with this camera.

Luis Rubim (aka Dr. Uberfunk) said...

Thanks!

Mine did have the CCD issue and that was the reason why the seller sold it on Ebay. He thought he was doing a once over saying the camera was in excellent working order (which obviously wasn't) and I got the camera for peanuts, sent it to Sony, they replaced the CCD for free. They are doing it until March 2008.
This camera is a real photographers tool in a small package.

GW said...

Yay, good for you! :D I toy with the idea of selling my A1 and Fuji Finepix S9100 and putting the proceeds toward a DSLR, but there is so much about the A1 I love. One of the best things is how quickly the flash recharges; I use it in burst mode with flash and get great shots of hummingbirds and other moving critters. And I love the night mode for combining action-capturing flash with the warmth of natural light. I use it in daylight situations sometimes.