Saturday, July 29, 2006

Tonight only on the Viewfinder: Kiera Knightley on set of new film

Keira Knightley was filming to day at the set of "Atonement" to be launched next year. The film is a period drama set in WWII. The set was located at the site of the Old Scotland Yard. It was tottally unexpect as I was on the prowl for a different type of photography, looking for shots for some arty prints (which I did find some good ones) and I wasn't carrying my usual workhorse, but what I was carrying, worked adequately for some shots. Unfortunately Keira was being shielded from the lens of the occasional photographer that passed by and realised something was happening, at all times. Photographers were allowed to take pictures at a distance and at defined areas. But I did get some shots of Miss Knightley, even though with the camera I was using I had to use digital zoom to get near enough, as I hit the limit of the optical zoom, meaning loss of image quality and some gritty post-processing afterwards and on top of this to speed things up I was using JPEG at times at 3MP and 2MP to achieve higher digital zoom rates.But hey I got the shot!

Anyway, here is tonight's exclusive.









Of note is the wonderfull wardrobe, the vehicles and the way the set was done as some of the pictures I took are very hard to place as being of our days. Everything was intrinsically worked down the very last, minute, details.


Until next time,



Luis Rubim

No comments: